Biography

I started cross country skiing at the age of seven. I was asked at my local daycare in Pakenham, ON if I would like to try the sport by Heinz Niederhauser, who soon became my first coach. I started skiing and racing in the National Capital Division and loved it. Every weekend there was a different race somewhere and a chance to meet up with all my friends and team mates.

When I was 14, I started racing the Ontario Cup series races. I qualified for the Ontario team that year and represented the province at my first national championships, held in Canmore, AB.

I spent 2 seasons training with the National Team Development Centre in Thunder Bay, ON before I made the move to Canmore last spring to train as a member of the newly formed Alberta World Cup Academy team. I am now starting my second season on the Academy.

With 2 world junior championships, an under 23 world championship, and four world cup races under my belt I am looking forward to another great racing season that will be filled with new adventures and hopefully some new opportunities that will lead me closer to achieving my goal of representing Canada at the Olympics.

Monday, July 14, 2008

What's Up?

So I figured that I should write a little update here before I head up to the glacier in a few hours seeing as my last post sounded like I was dying. I am not dead.

I had a pretty sweet rest week in which I got to head down to Montana to enjoy the July 4th weekend with some new friends here in Canmore. That was amazing. Then I had a kind of average week of training here in Canmore.

Now, I am actually heading up to the glacier in an hour. The team goes up to the Haig glacier for 1 week of on snow training at altitude. It is a pretty awesome training opportunity and I am very excited. I will be sure to let you all know about it when I get back!

Ciao!

0 comments: